Have you had a season or more of experience in agriculture and want to begin a career as an organic vegetable farm manager? The Organic Vegetable Farm Manager Apprenticeship provides more than a farming experience, it provides a pathway to employment.
What makes this program unique?
- Hands-on training with an experienced farmer
- Comprehensive job training manual created by successful vegetable growers
- Off-season, classroom training, including farm business skills and marketing
- Hourly wage during on-the-job and classroom training
- Potential opportunities for equity building, post-education employment, and farm succession
- Competency-based model through which seasoned employees can receive program credit for prior experience and education
Minimum qualifications for Apprentice:
- 18 years of age
- Valid government-issued ID
- High-school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Physically able to perform the work with reasonable accommodation
Wage and associated costs:
- Apprentice is responsible for class tuition and books, roughly $600
- Apprentice will be paid hourly, averaging 32 hours a week during the growing season
Ready for the next step?
Need more experience in organic production before applying for the program?
Check out our list of outside education resources
Equal Employment Opportunity Pledge
FairShare, as the apprenticeship sponsor, will not discriminate against apprenticeship applicants or apprentices on the basis or race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, arrest or conviction record, membership in the armed forces, or because they are an individual with a disability or a person 40 year old or older.
FairShare will take affirmative action to provide equal opportunity in apprenticeship and operate the apprenticeship program as required un 29 CFR part 30 and the equal employment opportunity rules of the state of Wisconsin.