Have you had a season or more of experience in agriculture and want to begin a career as an organic vegetable farm manager? The Organic Vegetable Farm Manager Apprenticeship provides more than a farming experience, it provides a pathway to employment.
What makes this program unique?
- Hands-on training with an experienced farmer
- Comprehensive job training manual created by successful vegetable growers
- Off-season, classroom training, including farm business skills and marketing
- Hourly wage during on-the-job and classroom training
- Potential opportunities for equity building, post-education employment, and farm succession
- Competency-based model through which seasoned employees can receive program credit for prior experience and education
Minimum qualifications for Apprentice:
- 18 years of age
- Valid government-issued ID
- High-school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Physically able to perform the work with reasonable accommodation
Wage and associated costs:
- Apprentice is responsible for class tuition and books, roughly $600
- Apprentice will be paid hourly, averaging 32 hours a week during the growing season
Ready for the next step?
Need more experience in organic production before applying for the program?
Check out our list of outside education resources